How to pull parts at a self serve yard

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sat Jul 7 13:18:35 GMT 2001

On-topic subject:  How to pull parts for an EFI conversion

Day 0:  Discover a mostly complete Found Off Road Dead truck.  No
straight body panels, only the tailgate lacks accident damage but it is
damaged from being "worked".  One broken Twin I- beam and knuckle.
Missing seats, carpet, steering column, door glass, fuel pump, TPS, and
four injectors.

Day 7, 18 hours of work and $500 later:  Bare frame (bent & twisted)
minus several riveted on brackets, rear bumper (thrashed), receiver
hitch (wimpy rating, bent), PS cooling loop (in grease ball), front
suspension (mangled).  All body panels sent to the crusher.  Small pile
of parts stashed in the yard.  Big pile of parts in my garage.  Half
full 5 gallon bucket of bolts, also in my garage.

Wonder how many man-hours it took the UAW to build this truck...