Honda/NTK O2 sensor (redux)

Glenn & Debbie Woodhouse gwoodhouse2 at home.com
Sun Jul 8 00:42:44 GMT 2001

I called NTK to determine if I could use the Honda sensor with their
controller (blue box).  I had a chance to buy a used NTK controller for a
reasonable price but I didn't want to have to shell out $600 for their WB
sensor.  Chitose, the Japanese Technical Program Manager stated that the two
were not compatible but could not, or would not tell me why.  John, in tech
support stated that that is their formal position but that he just sold 8 of
the Honda version to a NASCAR team to run with their controller.  I took a
leap of faith, bought the used controller and the Honda sensor.  The
incompatibility lies in the connector.  The NTK connector is different than
the Honda.  I was provided the burnt out original high dollar sensor with
the box so I swapped connectors and cal resistors.  Everything is working
fine.

Glenn.