Maximum advance

Dave Plummer davepl at MICROSOFT.com
Tue Jul 10 21:33:31 GMT 2001

More isn't better.  The more advance you have, the more the piston is
working against rising cylinder pressure on the upstroke.  What you want
is a peak cylinder pressure at a particular point in the downstroke that
provides the best leverage on the crank.  No more, no less.  If you
could somehow accomplish that with zero advance, you'd have the best of
all worlds.

- Dave

quotes) in the body of a message (not the subject) to
majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org