Learning in MAP systems.

Tony Bryant brd at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jul 11 06:37:00 GMT 2001

I understand how learning can be acheived in a MAF system (i.e. airflow range
divided into buckets, a particular bucket pushed in the right direction when
a oxy cross point is noticed)

What I don't yet fully appreciate is how can one practically acheive the same
thing in a MAP system?

It seems that since you now have fuelling tables with a 2D domain, instead of
the 1D domain with MAF, you've got a hell of alot of buckets to learn in.

What are some useful technqiues to make sure you don't end up with a map with
a couple of learnt points and lots of default points?

Am I missing something obvious here?