Mazda rotaries. Pre mix and octane reduction

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jul 15 11:38:31 GMT 2001

Sunday, July 15, 2001, 10:29:47 AM, you wrote:

> I personally would use the mechanical Mekuni dosing pump. Because with the
> premix oil about 90% of the oil does not come where it is used.
> The oil is sputtered so finely by the injection nozzles that it burns with!

> Best regards, Kurt Heintz
> http://www.der-wankelmotor.de

Is the Mekuni (Mikuni <SP>) an aftermarket pump, or the one used on the
earlier engines? I blieve a front cover from an early engine is needed
too? Or a stock cover modification? Why did the 3rd gen go to electronic
metering control, emissions? Thanks for the info, learning about these
engines slowly :-)

--
Best regards,
 Chris Wilson                           mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk