converting stock fuel tank

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sun Jul 15 13:25:43 GMT 2001

Jeff Bromberger wrote:

> i've got a '94 Camaro with a completely stock
> tank... i've got a weldon 2015 pump with a -12 inlet...
> here is my question: what is best in terms of
> keeping the pump constantly fed with fuel: welding a -12 fitting to the
> bottom of the tank (directly below this plastic baffle/sump thingy) or
> running a pickup tube in through the top of the tank and having it end in
> that sump area...

I don't know what you are going to feed with this external pump, but how
about doing what Ford did on their fullsize pickups and vans?  Namely, a
low pressure high volume pump in the tank that feeds the fancy high
pressure external pump.  That setup can keep a big block happy, so I
doubt you'd exceed the capacity of the in tank pump.