Max fuel pressure for 0280 150 945

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Sun Jul 22 23:07:44 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walter Sherwin" <wsherwin at home.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 2:06 AM
Subject: Re: Max fuel pressure for 0280 150 945

> What manner of ramping/transition algorithm (accommodation) do they offer
in
> the software for when bridging the split from one bank to two?  I'd be
> curious to hear more on this.....

Put simply, you set a minimum opening time (turn on time) for the 2nd bank
and an RPM dependant bank split curve. When the computed time for the 2nd
bank, according to current load and bank split is equal or above the turn on
time, the pulse is split according to the split curve at the current speed
point and both banks inject their share of the fuel. There is also a turn
off time which cuts the 2nd bank when its time would fall below the
specified limit. Say your bank split is 50/50 over all the RPM range, turn
on 2ms, turn off 1.7ms, you'll use the 1st bank up to 3.99ms then split to
2x 2.0ms, but you could also choose to use only the 2nd bank from a certain
point, or anything you like. This will accommodate paired (twin) injectors
just as well as high/low injectors. There is many other parameters like a
temporary enrichment with variable decay, bank scale and more.