Water Injection

Jared Ryan jaredryan at compuserve.com
Thu Jul 26 14:55:18 GMT 2001

A neighbor had her Mazda in a puddle, not even a very deep one, and another
car passed and made a wake, and the Mazda sucked in water and bent two or
three connecting rods.  Whether or not water will damage an engine seems to
depend on the engine.

But I can't see how a well-thought-out water injection system would
hydrolock an engine.  Just build in safety devices and it should work fine.