Water Injection

Jorgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se
Sat Jul 28 02:09:17 GMT 2001

My experince from the syclone is that regular fuel can be used instead of
unleaded race fuel. Without water injection and with 95 octane unleaded fuel
(RON) there are some detonation once in a while. This should be like 89
octane unleaded in the states if I have understood things right. We only
found this because a relay was damaged during a engine change, the aquamist
has been trouble free for a long time.

With water injection 22psi and more aggressive timing still leave a safety
margin. 25-27psi is not a problem, that would require good race fuel
otherwise.

I think that the water injection experiment was initially inspired by Barry
Tisdales success, thanks!

Jorgen