water injection

Daniel Houlton houlster at user1.inficad.com
Sun Jul 29 07:43:16 GMT 2001

Bruce wrote:

> How is a microcontroller any more reliable then a pressure switch?.
> It would be interesting to see if a microprocessor system is any better then
> a 2-3 staged system.   But gets kinda mute, unless someone knows of a real
> fast operating *water Injector*.    With as erosive as water is, I put my
> money on just using a few solenoids, since they would be so much less likely
> to fail then a pulsing injector arrangement.
> bruce

Aquamist does have a water injector of sorts.  It's an in-line
solenoid valve.  It'll flow a max of 500 cc/min @ 60 psi and
can be cycled up to 250 cycles/s.  Total flow through the
solenoid depends on the "on" time and the size of the nozzle
you're using.

It's stainless steel and made for water.  Spendy too.  It costs
about a hundred UK pounds.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/pics/hsv/hsv.html

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com