Water Injection

Daniel Houlton houlster at user1.inficad.com
Sun Jul 29 07:59:46 GMT 2001

Walter Sherwin wrote:

> [...]

I run a turbo 4 cyl that had no intercooler up until a few
months ago.  I run 91 octane and have detonation at around
6 psi of boost without water.

With water, I routinely run 14 psi and have during testing
run up to 17 psi of boost with no detonation.  With an IC
in place, I still run the water, but have raised the turn-on
pressure a few psi.

I use an ERL Aquamist pump and a K-jetronic mechanical fuel
injector as my nozzle.  It flows about 300 ml/m.  The k-jet
injectors have about a 40 psi cracking pressure so I get
instant response when the pump kicks in.  I've only been using
it about 6 months with a thin coating of lithium grease on
the injector body and tip.  So far, corrosion is not a problem.

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com
http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/amigo.htm