oxygen sensor location?

Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca
Mon Jul 30 17:58:41 GMT 2001

Jon,
For a few years now I have been running an O2 sensor on the H pipe of my
twin cylinder Moto Guzzi motorcycle.  It responds well and will indicate
leaness if only one of the cylinders is lean,  which is what you want to
control.
Neil

   Is there a consensus on a good location for the oxygen sensor in a
true dual exhaust system?  I've been doing some research, and some
people say to just stick the sensor on one bank, others say put it
in the H pipe to read both banks, others say there isn't enough flow
in the H pipe to get a true reading...  Its a bit confusing.  :-)
<