oxygen sensor location?

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Mon Jul 30 18:00:05 GMT 2001

Jon wrote:
> really nescessary or not.  In my case, the fuel injection
> system is just a simple TBI setup, so the computer isn't
> looking to equalize the banks or anything, it'll just adjust the
> mixture for the entire engine in closed loop mode based on one oxygen
> sensor signal, so I want to be sure I give it the most accurate
> signal possible.
>
>   Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Well, I'd go with two separate sensors altogether.  It's almost
always the case that some cylinders run leaner and some richer,
due to all the variables in the intake tract on through, so I'd
be happier if I knew that one whole side wasn't going too lean
when I got on the gas.

It's probably also the case that the relative leaness of the
banks changes as RPMs change, due to intake design, so you need
two separate signals to see when they go up and down wrt each other.

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA