Serial Communication

Jack Doe x2943yz at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 04:51:06 GMT 2001

> 2. Bitrate detection needs special hardware
> (u-Controller based) anyway, so I thought
> about implementing bitrate conversion, too. That
> would require a controller which has
> two UARTs on chip. Does anybody know such a
> controller? I would prefer a simple 8 Bit
> controller such as a 8051 or 68HC11 family member.

I am very very new to micros.  Dallas Semi's DS89C420
"hyper 8051" is just what you're looking for I think.
It is suposedly inexpensive, backwards compatible with
the 8051 has 16kISP in system programmable flash
memory and DUAL SERIAL UARTS.  Naturaly, It is
exeptionaly faster as well, realisticly 3x faster.