Dart heads - off topic (sort of)

RJ Knudstrup rjknudstrup at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 20:11:58 GMT 2001

My 2 cents on this issue guys and gals is this.  With the serdi if you have
a place that you can go into and talk to the guy and he chose the serdi
because of its benefits then I say go with him.  We have two places here
that have valve seat cutters and the rest use stones.  One is the high
performance shop and has a poor performing cutter compared to the serdi.
The shop that has the serdi looked at the same machine the other shop has
and liked the serdi better because the cutters are setup for the head and
not each individual valve.  We talked for awhile like atleast an hour about
it and the benefits.  I had already wanted the serdi to do the heads before
going there but talking to him made me decide he was to do it.  He knows
what he was doing and I bet could do it with stones but he can not do a 7
angle valve job with stones and he can with the serdi and for the same price
as a 3 angle.  BTW he will do 3,5 or 7 angle valve jobs all for the same
price on the serdi.  One thing though he will not do them with worn Valve
guides and recommends replacing if not within specs versus knurling them and
the valve seats directly depend on the trueness of the valve guides.

Christian J. Knudstrup