Crank trigger confession

clayb at sonic.net clayb at sonic.net
Tue May 8 05:23:52 GMT 2001

Hey Guys,

I called Crane Cams on the flaky Hall effect crank trigger pickup. They
guy didn't sound at all surprised, and mumbled something about "potting
compound", when he realized I had the "old version" of the pickup. he
said to send it in, it would be replaced. Not a word about proof of
purchase or other paperwork.

No technical info, but it sounds like a known problem. I would almost be
relieved that the problem will likely be solved soon... but it cost me a
race to be their Beta tester.

- Clay