polishing intake runners worthwhile? & bosch high psi/high

Ross Corrigan 280zx at home.com
Thu May 10 19:22:51 GMT 2001

Thanks for the offer Tom, with our canuck buck as it is your's would still
cost me ~$200+/- to get here so I'll most likely get new for ~$250 total
and bosch quality.

good info on their injectors, you using GM or SVO ones now?

I've also queried to no definite answer other sources on the following. I
figure polishing or just 'smoothing' (ie. not getting a full blown polish
finish) on the inside of my Victor Jr. runners/EFI intake may 'slightly'
enhance airflow by reducing turbulence along the rough 'as is' surface AND
reduce the heat the intake radiates to my incoming air keeping it denser
and thus more efficient/more power (slight I'd guess but worth a few hours
of sanding/burnishing by hand or with an appropriate bit in my die
grinder?).  comments/ideers?  My prior carb setups got pulled/replace
fairly often and this new EFI setup I plan on leaving on for a while so
looking to do a few more tweaks before it's all bolted on. I also plan to
make/buy a simple sheet metal shield for the bottom of the intake to
prevent hot oil from splashing directly on it in an effort to keep physical
intake temp down.

all comments/ideas welcome