Holley Commander 950

ABNENGINEERING at cs.com ABNENGINEERING at cs.com
Tue May 15 08:42:11 GMT 2001

--part1_b9.e2d7de6.283245b7_boundary

In my never ending quest to upgrade my Mustang I have been searching for the
perfect EFI solution. I have looked at transplanting a stock 5.0 EFI, looked
at the as yet unavailable multiport EFI from Edelbrock and now I am
investigating the Holley Commander 950 setup.

The Commander 950 system consists of an updated Pro-Jection throttle body and
an all new fully programable ECU. You have complete control over both the
fuel map and spark curve and can run in open loop or closed loop modes.

It looks like a nice little setup and at $1300 is about $800 cheaper then the
Edelbrock MPI system which will not be available until Fall. It's also not
THAT much more than the stock 5.0 EFI by the time you buy the EFI donor gear,
wiring harness ($500 from Windsor-Fox??!), fuel pump etc.

More info on the Holley system can be found at <A HREF="http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950TB/C950TB.html">
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950TB/C950TB.html</A>

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this system or know where one
might find an objective opinion on it?

Thanks

--part1_b9.e2d7de6.283245b7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In my never ending quest to upgrade my Mustang I have been searching for the
<BR>perfect EFI solution. I have looked at transplanting a stock 5.0 EFI, looked
<BR>at the as yet unavailable multiport EFI from Edelbrock and now I am
<BR>investigating the Holley Commander 950 setup.
<BR>
<BR>The Commander 950 system consists of an updated Pro-Jection throttle body and
<BR>an all new fully programable ECU. You have complete control over both the
<BR>fuel map and spark curve and can run in open loop or closed loop modes.
<BR>
<BR>It looks like a nice little setup and at $1300 is about $800 cheaper then the
<BR>Edelbrock MPI system which will not be available until Fall. It's also not
<BR>THAT much more than the stock 5.0 EFI by the time you buy the EFI donor gear,
<BR>wiring harness ($500 from Windsor-Fox??!), fuel pump etc.
<BR>
<BR>More info on the Holley system can be found at <A HREF="http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950TB/C950TB.html">
<BR>http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950TB/C950TB.html</A>
<BR>
<BR>Does anyone have any first hand experience with this system or know where one
<BR>might find an objective opinion on it?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks
<BR>
<BR>