injectors and valve backsides cleaned after install??

Ross Corrigan 280zx at home.com
Wed May 30 18:00:38 GMT 2001

Working on my proflo 3500 install (small block chevy) and have my intake
and head gasket surfaces all cleaned/prepped etc....then noticed the
backside of my intake valves is quite gummed up with a silvery deposit and
some with a blacker deposit..a 1/16 to 3/32" thick max I'm just guessing.

Should I brush them as best I can with a small copper brush right now and
that debris will just pump out after install/running? It won't 'jamb' on
the valve seat and cause any damage??

And/or plumb in some ATF or similar fluid via my schrader valve once it's
running to clean those valve backsides?? (and it won't hurt the injectors
correct?

thanks in advance
Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

Ahh, finished with that inferno of work and returning back to the lifelong
ahem, physics experiments :) ) )

mailto:280zx at home.com      ICQ # 11549358
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a
Z belongs