Megasquirt on lawnmower

Robert W. Hughes rwhughe at ev1.net
Mon Nov 12 20:01:12 GMT 2001

Most of the lawnmower type magnetos use a set of points. The wire coming
up to the kill switch is connected to them and the signal there is quite
similar to the signal on the usual inductive switching ignition. It is
probably a little more sensitive to extraneous current drain so you
might want to buffer the input to the optocoupler with a transistor -
one of the simple tachometer circuits would work.

--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering
rwhughe at ev1.net