Megasquirt on lawnmower

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Mon Nov 12 20:01:35 GMT 2001

Are we assuming this Lawn Mower is fuel injected already?  Or are we doing a

carburetor swap out for an injector modification.

Wouldn't this require some type of fuel system (pump) and Injector, and how
do
you convert a carb to injector?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Bowling [mailto:bbowling at earthlink.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 8:31 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: Megasquirt on lawnmower

It actually is quite easy to trigger MegaSquirt with a magneto. This is why
I used an optocoupler:

Wrap a few turns of wire (2 -3 turns is enough) in a loop about 1 inch or
so in diameter, and pass the spark plug wire thru the loop. Ground one end
of the loop and hook the other end to the TACH input.This will trigger
MegaSquirt all day long, and reliably, unless the plug fouls out. The
back-biased diode keeps reverse voltage from killing the optocoupler. You
can even eliminate the 330 ohm current limiting resistor - the average
current in this setup is so low no damage will occur to the optocoupler.

- Bruce

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:58:48 -0800
>From: "Michael Gough" <mdg3369 at mac.com>
>Subject: Megasquirt on lawnmower
>
>Hey all,
>Just a little on the megasquirt powered lawnmower. Sounds like a good idea
>for fooling around but.....
>Most (All) lawnmowers I've seen have a magneto (sp?) for the spark. This
>could cause you trouble for the RPM signal.

- Bruce

              Bruce A. Bowling
          bbowling at earthlink.net
    http://home.earthlink.net/~bbowling