Low impedance Injector Driver

Dave Bannister hidden at rcip.com
Thu Nov 15 22:34:00 GMT 2001

Hey Folks,

I'm trying to modify my EEC computer on my mustang to drive low impedance
injectors..

Having trouble selecting a transistor.  I'm not sure what type to select.
The imput impedance on the
injectors are around 3-5 ohm..  Standard high impedance injectors are
around 12-16 ohm.  Pushing around
13-14 volts would yeild      14 Watts  for each injector.  Where as low
impedance would be somewhere around maybe 60 Watts per injector.

Any ideas what type of transistors I should select for driving injectors?
If you know a Digikey part number that will work also..

Thanks Dave.