Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Shawn Fogg sfogg at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 15 14:08:50 GMT 2001

Steve,

"Anyway, the roots style blowers are less (volumetrically) efficient at low rpm than the screw compressors, and typically will require a more rpm before they can overcome internal leakage and make significant boost.  Of course, they are also WAY cheaper..."

Its interesting as for my car there was also a supercharger kit that uses the Autorotor twin screw built by Bell. It ran slightly higher boost and was intercooled. Was about $5k instead of the $3k for the kit I used.

>From the dyno tests done on cars with both setups the Eaton's actually had more low end torque while peak torque and HP were roughly the same.

Shawn