Exhaust gas temp measurement

A. Bosch abosch at sports.uct.ac.za
Fri Oct 19 13:41:56 GMT 2001

Can someone please explain how the thermocouple to measure exhaust
gas temp is placed. I guess you want the sensor in the exhaust gas as
close as possible to to the exhaust port; so I have this concept in
my head of drilling a hole in the header close to the exhaust port
and inserting the thermocouple. But how do you insulate it against
the metal of the header? If you don't, isn't there going to be a
problem?

Thanks,
Andrew

Dr A. N. Bosch
UCT/MRC Research Unit for Exercise Science and Sports Medicine
Boundary Road
Newlands

Phone:-27-21-650 4578