Thermal coatings

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Oct 20 19:12:35 GMT 2001

I've also had experience with Techline coatings.  It is very accurate to say
that "most enthusiasts just don't take the time to coat the inside."  It is a
bit misleading to imply that not taking the time is equivalent to being lazy.  I
agree that it does take considerable time to properly prepare the parts and
apply the coatings, although I have found that hydroflouric acid speeds the
process and pretty well etches any metal in my engines sufficiently enough to
allow coatings to stick.  If I were coating headers, I would use an acid tank
with an hydrochloric acid/water mix to soak the parts in, and a pressure washer
to clean them.  I have done this in the past for paint and the process cleans
the metal extremely well.

Shannen