WBO2 LCD digital display

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 22 06:10:30 GMT 2001

Bruce tapped away at the keyboard with:

> How about big enough to read out of the corner of your eye so you
> at no time take your focus off the road?.  Best answer is data
> logging, IMO.

Telemetry works; somebody else watching your instruments!
Data loggin picks up on those hiccups that are missed in a blink.

I think one of the easiest ways to get an at-a-glance display is to
feed the non-linear signal into a LED bargraph driver, and to space
the LEDs according to their value. Wide gaps may as well be driven by
two LEDs in "parallel" so that it doesn't look "toothless".

When you look at a bargraph, you see how much of the scale is lit;
not how many LEDs.

There's nothing to stop you putting equivalent numbers next to the
LED for measurements taken when you have the time to interpret the
numbers...