Oz WB PCBs - now available - Or how I screwed the list

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 24 01:55:27 GMT 2001

Bruce tapped away at the keyboard with:

> Nothing like free advertising, right Pete?..
> You Copyright your site, and violate someone else's Users Agreement.

FYI, Australia is a signatory to the Berne (?) convention on Copyright.
That convention says that Copyright is established as soon as
something is first published. I believe that the USA is also
(finally) a signatory.

A Copyright notice serves to identify the holder of the Copyright
and the year(s) of publication. Copyright exists in all published
material unless explicitly surrendered.

i.e. even though there may not be a Copyright notice, Copyright is
still held by the author unless the author chooses to give it away.

The necessity of including a Copyright notice (and "All Rights
Reserved") is because of the USA's tardiness in signing the
convention, allowing the work of foreigners to be exploited in the
USA without compensation to the author, unless both notices had been
meticulously included.

> That still puzzles me.  Maybe you can explain how that one works?
> (without using any of your previous lies).

> Nice to see you plaster this across the list for the 8 or so
> Australian participants, and kill off other stuff for the rest of
> us.  Even if you sell all 40 boards (I think that's what you've
> claimed to have made), is it really worth trashing other projects
> for the rest of us over your greed of a few bucks?.

Peter is doing us a _favour_ in Australia. His local production of
boards means that we don't have to mess around with overseas
payment, postage, customs clearance and taxes.

I believe that there are about 8 W.A. subscribers to the list.
An estimate of 20 subscribers for the whole of the country would be
quite conservative.

> BTW, how are the other list projects going?.
> I'd just imagine, that they are way down on the to do list since there is
> nothing to be gained from an on list discussion of things.

[snip]

[snip]

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |