eectuner

Joshua Ely braxx at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 25 17:29:57 GMT 2001

Once you lean how to use it, you'll love it.
I know of a couple of people that use it. Also, go to yahoo groups
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EECTuner). EECTuner has it's own
discussion board. Here is a quote from a guy that I know. He
just sent this today:
"Well finally took the XR to a dyno tonight.. spent 3 hours dyno
tuning
it with the EEC tuner.. let me tell you..  a must have device
it is!
Went in there and made 302 hp and 326ft-lbs of torque at the
wheels.
After I left we had 325hp and close to 360 ft-lbs of torque.
 Full boost
at 3400 rpm (24psi on pump gas) and the torque curve was as flat
as
Kansas from 3500 all the way to 6K rpm.  The car has more power
under
the curve also.  3 hours cost me $200 with a wideband.. a pretty
sweet
deal.  The drive back to my shop was the best.. the new found
power and
the general feel of the car is amazing, second gear rips the
tires loose
with amazing ease when boost hits.  This weekend I'm doing our
AMS cam
swap and taking it back there to compare the two.  This was with
the
ranger cam set straight up and 10-11 deg advanced base timing.
  After
the new cam swap I think I'll do a .82 A/R housing (now it's
a .63)
since the turbo spools so quick now."

Can anyone give me the history of eectuner? I think the DIY FI
is a great
>idea, but I'm already set up for MAF, sequential, and DIS so
I'm thinking