Data Acquisition newbie question

Enzo Iadevaia enzo5555 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 00:05:56 GMT 2001

I also just got the dataq unit... I was told the new one is now 10bit.

> Don,
>
> "How do you input this signal into the dataq module as a voltage?"
>
> I just received my DataQ module too. Apparently they now come with the 4
channel recording software upgrade as part of the package. Great deal.

> As far as RPM I'm sort of in the same boat. My car has a 12v tach signal
(2 pulses per RPM). I'm going to drop the voltage down to under 10v and try
capturing that and see if the RPM can be calculated out from the frequency
of the pulses. Not sure if the sampling rate of the DataQ will be fast
enough though.