WB-LED display

Mark S. Riley turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
Mon Oct 1 03:19:14 GMT 2001

I've built one of BC Roe's WB-LED displays and after a small amount of
troubleshooting and fine print reading on the schematic (I know it's all the
same size, but, you have to read it) I've gotten it to work more than it is
supposed too. With the volt meter still hooked up and the led display also,
I see no LED's at 2.48-2.52 volts like I should. If the voltage goes up to
2.73 volts, then according to the data sheet, I'm figuring I should be
seeing the 6th lean led light up. However it only goes to #4. 2.75 volt
lights the #5 led. To the rich side, 1.75 volts lights all 20 across and I
figured that it should be on the 13th led RICH. I measured 7.98 volts on the
8 volt circuit. 6.24 to the LED's. 2.50 is the ref voltage out of the wide
band. It's like I've gotten it too sensitive somehow. I'll keep checking,
maybe I've gotten a resistor in the wrong place. But, it sure looks good
even if I did do it.

Thanks, BC. I really appreciate it.  Mark