DIY-WB... It's alive...

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Sep 3 02:40:09 GMT 2001

Engines don't run at stoich..  The ecm toggles the mixture across it.  In
closed loop the AFR AVERAGES 14.7:1.

I can't image a (conventional) gas engine being able to run at richer then
10:1.  Whereas there are lean burn engines that can run really lean.  The
sensor is designed for a given range, if they wanted I'm sure they could set
one up to run from 14.7 to 40:1, by why go so far into a range that for all
practical purposes doesn't exist.
Bruce

From: "John Dammeyer" <johnd at autoartisans.com>
Subject: RE: DIY-WB... It's alive...