Newbie Thanks was RE: Future Projects

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Tue Sep 4 19:51:32 GMT 2001

Bruce et al,

As a newbie to the group, allow me to chime in a quick note
of thanks and appreciation.  I found this list due to embarking
on a project to fit a positive displacement supercharger on
my BMW.  I have been looking for solutions for tuning the car
and for fuel and timing control modifications to the stock
Bosch ECU and came here to see if I could learn something.

The DIY-WB for me will be an enabler for my project to at least
provide me with a tool to tune the car properly (doesn't mean I
will be able to do it though!!!).  The cost of commercial units
was looking to trash my project due to the significant cost
escalation.

I have asked a question or two here to fully understand and
appreciate the spirit of the DIY aspect of this group, and I
think it is perfectly clear what you are intending to do.

It still amazes me that you guys have been willing to invest the
time and money into this for everyone else's benefit.

I applaud your efforts (for whatever that is worth) and hope
that perhaps I can contribute to the group at some point.

My only contribution now is that I am going to help a friend
and co-worker assemble a DIY-WB board along with me so that he
can learn a bit too.  Hopefully we'll be able to get at least
one of them to work...

Thanks Again!!

Steve

Stephen M. Andersen, P.E.                              (302) 326-6405
Technical Director                                    FAX  (302) 326-6401
AdvanTek International, LLC                     Cell   (302) 547-9842
56 Read's Way                               andersen at Advan-Tek.com
New Castle, DE 19720