Bolt on Throttlebody suggestions

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 24 05:20:45 GMT 2001

Alan Barrow tapped away at the keyboard with:
> Bernd writes:
>
> > Not entirely. There are a number of Volkswagen models (Polo and
> > Golf) fitted with "Monojetronic" and "Monomotronic" with engine
> > sizes in that range. Model years would be from about 1989 to 1994
> > (from memory). SEAT Ibiza/Cordoba definitely had them on 1.4 litre
> > and 1.8 litre engines.

> Good information. The Probst book only mentions Monomotronic once,
> and I had disregarded that even.

There's not much latitude for tuning provided by Monomotronic. It
and Monojetronic are little more than alternatives to electronic
carbs.

> Found some model lists on the net. I'll have to check the VW's
> again. Nearly all I have seen have been port injected, but I'll
> look again.

There's a German-language site at http://www.samworld.de detailing
engine codes, models and years in which used as well as engine
description including injection type.  Follow the
"Motorkennbuchstaben" link if
http://www.samworld.de/Motorkennbuchstaben.html doesn't get you
there directly.

Engine codes AAK (1.05-litre in a 1990 Polo), AAV in a 1.3-litre
Polo, and ABD (1.4-litre) from a 91-94 Golf/Vento would be typical
candidates.

Just search for "mono" on the page and you'll find about a dozen
engine codes to match.

> No Seat's to be found locally, but it looks like some small Fiat's
> used it as well.

> The neat thing is that the cars that used Mono usually were only 1-1.4
> litre, so this would work out OK for a pair of them on the 2.5l.

> Thanks, and to the scrapheap tomorrow!

Sorry. I didn't intend to send you to the scrapheap! :-)

Happy hunting.

I guess FIAT may have used Magneti Marelli (sp?) gear.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |