Correct A:F Ratio @ WOT?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Sep 28 03:07:17 GMT 2001

To me, and this will vary by tuner, EGT, and a WB are all I'd want, thou ion
detection detonation, and cylinder pressure logging would be neat.  A
chassis or engine dyno are fairly different then in actual road conditions.

It's not that complicated, time consuming yes.
start rich, and with retarded timing, then work your way to best lean, and
Least Advance with min power lose.  EGT in part is what your wallet will
stand.  It will also vary by application.

WBs and EGT let you see patterns develope.  With a WB you can see if .1
makes a noticeable change or if you can make .3 or .5 AFR jumps.  Same with
timing, you can see how much it takes to make a difference.

On other thing that is underestimated it the conditions of testing, temp,
and baro are a min..  Having the relative O2 level and humiduty are becoming
more and more of a concern.
Bruce

From: "Chris Waltham" <chris at harvestroad.com>
Subject: Re: Correct A:F Ratio @ WOT?