Modifying stock Mazda/Toyota ECU's

Martin Petersen m.petersen at niwa.cri.nz
Sat Sep 29 05:15:07 GMT 2001

[ Possible repost sorry - This message was never sent to me via
my digests, so I think it never made it - Or possibly your own posts
dont get sent to you?.. ]

Hi everyone,

I've recently been pulling a couple of EFI computers I have apart
with the hope of being able to do some software modifications to
them, but after opening them, most the IC's inside are all a bit
unknown to me. Can anyone help for a start by identifying some of
them, and maybe information on if I have any hope of
reprogramming these?

The first is from a Toyota MR2 2.0 turbo, 1992 and a picture of the
ECU is available at:  {HYPERLINK
"http://www.rat.ltd.net/mr2/pics/800x600/dcp_0358.jpg"}http://www.r
at.ltd.net/mr2/pics/800x600/dcp_0358.jpg

Markings:

D 151803-9651 5 A41C-2-8288

D 151803-9661 5A41C-2-8646

D 151804-1010 572 307N

ND MG358

ND SE123

The second is from a Mazda Familia GTX, 1800cc Turbo (1989).
This is a  'Denso' brand ECU. No picture on the web (I can email if
anyone is interested), but some of the markings are:

D 151821-0020 (24 pin)

D 151811 0360 (28 pin)

ND MP5250 (Big, 42 pin Microcontroller looking thing)

ND MP492 (24 pin)

And then theres a couple of 4000 series chips, and a NEC
uPC177! finally something I recognise!!

I presume the 'ND' prefix i(And most likely 'D' prefix also) are Denso
made devices, but I'm hoping the Micro is a 8051 or similar
derivitive.

So, can anyone help!? Please!

Martin.

--