braindrizzle

Phil Hunter ilphayunterhay at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 17:03:12 GMT 2001

Thanks Bruce R., Brian, and Bruce (?) for replying.

I had to think about it for a while, but yeah, I agree
the sine-cosine example is wrong. Another similar
circuit I had in mind when I wrote that is actually a
"state machine" now that I think about it, and knew
the "slope". And as Brian picked up, wasn't really my
point, it was the birdseye view "building block" idea.

There is definitely a lot to be said for getting the
job done, conversely there is something to be said
for taking the time to generalize a solution as long
as you stay away from "creeping featurism". I don't
think my idea would take a year to implement, all the
s/w would do is read an A/D port, index into a lookup
table, write the D/A port and return. I'm not much of
a PIC assembly programmer, but I think I could write
that in a week, tops. It's cookbook stuff.

But the point is moot. Considering the list's
preference to discuss F1, superbikes, and other BS
instead of EFI, considering I won't be building the
WB circuit until some time next year, let alone an
interface, and considering Bruce R's willingness to
soldier on in spite of the Aussie BS, I say more
power to you Bruce, it's your project, do as you
wish.

If anyone wants to take my thunk and "run with it",
feel free, it wasn't my original idea anyway.

regards,
phil