new Bosch Injectors

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Sat Apr 6 07:13:56 GMT 2002

I presume this is one of the newer plastic bosch injectors?

If you don't have a computer that can run P&H injectors, then adding ballast resistors
to bring up the impedence would work.

FWIW, the P&H injectors will give you a finer resolution at lower pulsewidths.

The accepted average turn on/off times for P&H injectors is 1ms.

Saturated injectors vary from 1ms, with an accepted average of 2ms.

When your timing events are 2.5ms apart (6500 RPM 8 cyl), that can make a difference.

Your application sounds like about a 400+ horse 4 cylinder?

I would estimate that the 655s would give you about a 50hp buffer.

Another option is staged injectors if you have the hardware and the ability to mount them.

They work very nicely for engines that need a smooth idle and produce a lot of horsepower at
high rpm.  You could use 8 30lb injectors instead of 4 60lb injectors.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington             Linux rules all OSes.               APSoft      ()
perry at apsoft dot com 			                 Think Blue. /\

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin