Flap to film

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 9 15:08:08 GMT 2002

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com tapped away at the keyboard with:

> Ouch. I am definately in the wrong business. Mind you, porsche
> drivers can afford it :-)

It gives you _some_ idea of what's involved. The kit is probably OTT,
both in terms of bits included and price. Sensor price is around
£200 just by itself. (Somebody posted Farnell catalogue URLs just a
week ago.)

Same again for a chip to allow the _Motronic_ to use the sensor.
L-Jetronic will be more fiddly. There are various changes that need
to be made to the signals to the "AFM" and special handling of the
sensor (e.g. burn-off). L-Jetronic has an analogue computer, so no
chipping is possible - an external box is required.