Miller Cycle assistance

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Wed Apr 10 15:40:50 GMT 2002

Any of you have any knowledge/experience with Miller
Cycle engines?  Any pointers to references, etc.?

I am in the process of fitting a Lysholm compressor on
my car (with 10:1 compression) and am thinking about
the possibility of using the Miller cycle to reduce the
effective compression ratio (and allow higher boost)
while maintaining the expansion ratio of the "stock"
engine.

I am not going to do this on my first cut, but I would like
to start learning about how to design the intake cam timing
to achiece my goals.  The easy thing to do is just delay intake
valve closing until the piston has travelled far enough to
give me the effective compression ratio that I want, however I
am quite certain that doing this "well" is quite a bit more
complicated than that!!!

Please fee free to contact me off list if anyone feels that
this is an inappropriate list topic...

Thanks,
Steve
sandersen at advan-tek.com