Propane/water/alcohol injection and O2 sensors

Clint Corbin ccorbin at spinn.net
Wed Apr 10 23:39:49 GMT 2002

One very important item you left out: Propane runs a much lower
stociametric A/F ratio and gasoline.  It really doesn't matter that propane
has 80% the thermal energy of gasoline on a lb/lb basis when you are
burning 50% more propane.  Look at nitromethane.  It has lower energy than
gasoline too, but a given engine will make over 140% MORE power than
gasoline because of the extremely low (around 2.4:1 ration) stociametric
ratio that pure nitromethane burns at.