5-wire O2 Sensor Sources

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Fri Apr 12 01:19:31 GMT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:22:39 -0400 (EDT), Frank F Parker <fparker at umich.edu>
wrote:

>Yep, we did that for a year or so till we got the new 7L version of the
>LS1 race motor tuned in good. Lots of things happen on track that u can't
>see on dyno.

Now THAT'S quite an extending tuning period.

>Now we use Bosch sensors, one per side for a/f as well as 4
>knock sensors, one ea between the cylinders in a closed loop ignition
>system. Needed cause gas required by ACO at LeMans is pretty bad with a
>MON rating of low 90's.

Man would I love to see a datalog of the commanded ADV from that system. Do you
recall seeing much of a difference between the 4 pairs of jugs?

BTW, are those the new LSU4 sensors, or old LSM-11s you're using now? and can
you say whose instrumentation you're using with them Boschs?

Finally, what does the Vette team have in the way of surprises planned for us
spectators this year?? Anything else newNstriking on the 7L specifically?

Pardon the 20 questions, & TIA for anything divulgeable :),

Gar