Who wouldn't use a 5-wire O2 Sensor?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Apr 12 13:24:48 GMT 2002

I was with a *Pro* team on tour in 70.  On race weekend we, either were
polishing the car, or swapping an engine.   Everything else had been done
before even getting to the track.   What we made look easy on race day, was
because we worked our tails off on Mon-Thurs..

There is lots of homework to do, in getting the mechanicals or software end
of EFI right.   And once your done testing, you need to go back thru things
to make sure all the info. you're dealing with is still right.

Like I had gone to the XVane in the GN, and things were as good as they
could get, then I changed Plenums, and that was a good thing.  Then for
grins I reinstalled the oem MAF screen instead of the Vane, and the car now
likes the Screen, best.   Without a doubt there is some lil filtering
routine in the code, that tips the scales one way or the other, but, without
testing and retesting, I wouldn't have found out the sweet spot.
Bruce