Bosch c/l advance

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sat Apr 13 05:36:49 GMT 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:38:32 -0400 (EDT), Frank F Parker <fparker at umich.edu>
wrote:

>The Aco fuel, aside from being low octane, is not the most
>consistant you see, so closed loop saved us!!

Yeah, that sure speaks to CL on timing fo sho. And the better the detonation
sensing, the better the CL IGN ADV control. Sooo many variables, so little
timing. :)

BTW, I presume you guys were running CL fueling with the Bosch ecm as well? Or
not?

>Bosch chose to use the LSM11 sensors and they interface directly into the
>Bosch motorsports ecm that runs the LS1.

Interesting, I wonder if Bosch is still working on that whole package for their
showcase LSUs. Probly; takes lotsOtime if you wanna get it right.

>There is some improvements to 7L coming but big change for this year is a
>revised Hewland transaxle that is lighter and more integrated with other
>car components. Lighter is always  better.

Just about in everything, in the air or on the ground. Ahh, to have the
HP/weight ratio of a hummingbird. :)

No changes to the suspension (other than the t-ax) or tires to speak of, then?

Thank you again for giving us an insight into what's going on there. Very rare
treat. Good luck with the season ahead!

Best regards,
Gar