[Diy_efi] RE: [Diy-efi] Traction Control System - In progress (Update 1)

Crescent Kao crescent at c-speedracing.com
Mon Apr 22 15:35:28 GMT 2002

Yes, the ABS setup on our Integra uses an inductive pick up. The manual
states that it is an AC signal. I got my readings straight from the
connectors going to the ABS brain. I'm able to read the signal from each
wheel independantly. There is a + and - for each sensor.

I have very very little hardware experience. My area of expertise is in
industrial design and software programming. The hurdle at this point is
getting the signal from the ABS brain to the PC so that I can read them on
the PC. I do not know how to proceed. Someone in another post stated that
the serial port maybe be too slow and that the USB port should be used
instead. I haven't considered this at all, and again have no idea how to
read data or transfer data from the ABS via USB to a PC.

Any assistance would be awesome.

Crescent Kao
Director of Marketing and Sales
www.c-speedracing.com