[Diy_efi] Fuel pickup

Nic van der Walt nic at unibell.co.za
Mon Apr 22 18:06:39 GMT 2002

>> If you acclerate downhill, at what degree downhill overcomes the g's
(of
>> accleration) or visa versa?.

Gravity is acceleration, and it effects the fuel and clunk in exactly
the same
way.

What can happen is that a heavy clunk can damage the tank easily. A guy
at our
local airstrip lost a beautiful F14 ducted fan when the clunk went right
through
a carbon fibre fuel tank. Flameball on the second shakedown flight.

>little birdie tells me that one time the aeromodellers put a hamster in
the
>cokpit for a laugh, it landed back down on earth dead and with all its
ribs
>broken due to the g-forces.

Either a urban legend, or aero modelers are a far crueler bunch than
generally
given credit for. Every club I have been at had a similar story to tell
about
someone doing something like that. Methinks the noise and vibration will
give
a hamster a heart-attack anyway.

N.