[Diy_efi] Correction WB 22 Mar LED Display PC Parts

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Wed Apr 24 22:28:36 GMT 2002

For those building the WB LED display board, an error
in the orderable parts list has been discovered.  R9 & R10
are 1/2 watt 5% 18 ohm resistors, but I had listed the
part number for a 1/4 watt resistor.  The corrected part
number for Dig*Key is listed below (18H-ND).

The others will work, but getting 20 LEDs on for a while
might overheat them.  If you have a pc board(s) and
ordered the wrong part, send me a message.  I'll drop
the resistors in an envelope, they are only 2 cents.

Bruce Roe

The D5 1N4004 and RV1  18V MOV may both be replaced
with one D5 Transient Suppressor Diode from the DIY list.
The holes beside RV1 are enlarged for the TVS.
All vertical components have body over pin 1 (square via).

Part  description
     supplier and part #, DK=Dig*Key, JC=Jam*o
     multiple #s; lower price or prefered first

C1    not used
C2, C3  4.7 mfd 12V
     DK    P5134-ND  (10 ufd 16V)
C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C10, C11   0.1 mfd bypass
     DK    1210PHCT-ND
C9    optional noise/jitter filter
C12  47mfd 35V
     DK    P5181-ND
D1, D2, D3, D4  1N4004
     DK    1N4007GICT-ND
D5    1N4004 replaced by D5 TVS
D5    24 volt Transient Voltage Suppressor
     DK    1.5KE24ADICT-ND
U11  7808 HEAT SINK required, tab may be grounded
      DK    NJM7808FA-ND
U2   LM2902N or LM324N
     DK    LM2902NNS-ND
U3, U4, U5, U6   LM3914N
     JC    24230,  DK    LM3914N-1-ND
U7, U8   10 LED bar (RICH, green)
    DK    MV54164-ND, 160-1067-ND, 67-1008-ND
U9, U10  10 LED bar (LEAN, red)
     DK    MV57164-ND, 160-1066-ND, 67-1010-ND
J24   15 pin Min D Male
     JC    71124,  DK    A23281-ND
RV1  18 V MOV  replaced by D5 TVS
R1, R11, R12, R16    1K 1/4 W 1%
R2, R4    3.6K 1/4 W 5%
     DK    3.6KQBK-ND
R3    2.80K 1/4 W 1%
     DK    2.80KXBK-ND
R5, R6, R7, R8    4.7K 1/4 W 5%
R9, R10   18 ohm 1/2 W 5%
     DK    18H-ND
R13  61.9K 1/4 W 1%
     DK    61.9KXBK-ND
R14  2.15K 1/4 W 1%
    DK    2.15KXBK-ND
R15  82.5K 1/4 W 1%
     DK    82.5KXBK-ND

pin 1 has square via,  polarized cap pin 1 = +
diodes pin 1 = anode, pin 2 (cathode) has band      22 APR 02