[Diy_efi] Converting LH system to work w/ MAP sensor

Kenny watson at iamfun.com
Wed Apr 24 19:58:26 GMT 2002

Hey, after a little more thinking I realized this won't
work. Funny how holes in ideas become more apparent
after you actually write them down. ;) An absolute
pressure at the manifold could represent many different
actual airflows dependent on throttle position. Hmm. I
think the idea of a controller that piggybacks from
various inputs might be a slick way of getting a stock
ECU to do what you want it to. IE maybe fitting a pot
to the throttle body and reading it, as well as reading
RPM along with a MAP sensor. It'd be a way to richen or
lean things out where you want. Modifying what the ecu
sees instead of actually rewriting maps surely creates
it's own set of problems though. Is anyone working on
something like this? I guess by the time you've
processed everything and sent it to the ecu, you might
as well just fire the injectors with the unit. That
could be the case too I guess.
-Kenny