[Diy_efi] Traction Control System (update 2)

Crescent Kao crescent at c-speedracing.com
Fri Apr 26 00:12:49 GMT 2002

Ok.. we've made a little more progress on the traction control system.
Here's a recap of what we have so far:

. Test vehicle - Acura Integra with ABS
. Signals generated from the ABS sensors - 0.7mV AC (and up, depending on
speed)
. Probing the ABS wires at the ABS brain verified the signals. The AC
voltage increases as speed increases. (around 1.4mV at 35mph

So... at this point we were looking into how to convert the signal to a
digital signal and read it via a serial connection (RS232) to an onboard
laptop.

This is what we have so far hardware wise:

. using an op-amp, bump up the 0.7mV+ input signal (above 1v?)
. then convert the AC signal to DC
. convert the analog signal using an AtoD processor
	(perhaps NSC ADC08034 http://www.national.com/pf/AD/ADC08034.html 4
inputs -
	  however it specifies that it interfaces using "Microwire". I have no idea
what this is. Should we use an 		  AtoD that uses parallel interface
instead?)
. format the signal to a usual datastream
. send the data via UART (9600 or 11500 baud) to the RS232 port

This is our current challenge. Does this approach sound correct?

Crescent Kao
Director of Marketing and Sales
www.c-speedracing.com