[Diy_efi] O2 sensor sensitivy speed

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Apr 26 19:48:20 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henning Baldersheim" <balder at captech.no>
Subject: [Diy_efi] O2 sensor sensitivy speed
> I am looking for specifications on the different O2 sensors around.
> Are there any good place to start ?

Do you realise what a blanket statement that is?.  There are thousands of
different O2 sensors.

> Since you are using the Honda sensor I might start there. Any specs
somewhere ?

The archives cover it in complete detail.

> Especially I am wondering how fast they react. Would an O2 sensor placed
> early in the collector be able to see the difference between the cylinders
?

At idle on a scope, you can see each cylinder, clearly (I've seen that).
Supposedly, that holds true to about 3K RPM on a v8.

> So that by you can tune each injector individually.

Given the proper mechanical answers, I think the gains with it are minimal.
I'd worry more about individual cylinder tuning as a function of detonation
control rather then just for AFR.   And that's mostly about timing (given
the proper mechanicals).
Bruce