[Diy_efi] Effect of detonation on measured mixture?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Apr 26 19:58:25 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn Fogg" <sfogg at attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Effect of detonation on measured mixture?
> "and use a MSD multistep to take the timing out as needed."

> Not sure if that would work. Most timing controllers only handle a crank
signal. My >car uses a crank and cam sensor and I think I'd get faults
adjusting one without the >other.

Ahhhh, didn't know you were using a DIS.

> J&S makes a product that intercepts the coil signals themselves (car has 4
coils) that > might work. I'm hoping to get more info back from them on it.
That also has knock >sensing and such but I don't really need that as the
car already has dual knock >sensors.

J&S, ahhhhhhhhh, (but this time in best Homer voice).
Just give me $500 to update my ignition and see where'd I go.
Bruce